The Applications Support Manager is responsible for configuring, tuning, securing, and monitoring our core enterprise applications built upon, SAP Business Suite 7 (ECC6.0) with SRM, Enterprise Portal, XI, BOBJ, and Business Warehouse (BW 7.0) on Linux/Oracle systems, Windows/SQL. The manager should also be aware of basic SAP GRC processes and knowledge of Solution Manager.
You will also spend a significant amount of time working with the Application Group as well as the EDI, Database, OS, Network, Security, and Offshore Teams helping to handle technical activities.In addition, this role will assist in the design, implementation and support of critical SAP systems.
- Advises on methodologies and practices to lead and plan system capacity based on projected growth rate to ensure system performance remains at acceptable levels.
- You will support the development of practices and procedures to lead technologies based on standard methodology standards. Leads efforts to develop technical standards to support and operate technologies within the system landscape.
- Adheres to the programming standards, naming conventions, and policies as outlined by the company.
- You help in conjunction with the Security Team to define and implement SAP authorization/security policies that permit to respond to the business and to the segregation of duties required to be in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- SAP system troubleshooting and problem solving, as well as day-to-day monitoring and administration of SAP systems
- Perform or participate periodic reviews, audits and updates to the hosting standards, process controls and technologies.
- Provide recommendations and mentorship for the tuning and optimization of our SAP landscape.
- Configure and execute SAP change control functions including the transport management system (TMS) and batch jobs management across our instances.
- Research and provide directions for SAP software corrections including SAP OSS notes and SAP support packages. Lead the SAP router configuration for SAP support.
- Support the installation and maintenance of new SAP front-end installations (SAPGUI).
- You support and train the Offshore support team and Helpdesk to perform basic operations tasks on SAP.
- Upgrading existing Instances and Installing new instances across all platforms.
- Help to build and apply Disaster Recovery procedures to the SAP Installations.
- You may lead or guide the work of other staff engaged in similar functions.
- Maintains currency of knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Participate in 24-hour on-call rotation.
- You work closely with the SAP level 1 and SAP level 2 offshore support to insure SAP problems are responded to in a timely manner.
- Conduct periodic systems checks both on SAP and the operating system for unnoticed and undocumented problems and issues.