This position is responsible for managing the Content Protection program at Paramount Pictures on a day-to-day basis.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Play a central role in developing, refining, and implementing studio’s content protection strategy, policies, practices, and processes, including but not limited to all activities related to the studio’s anti-piracy program.
- Advise studio executives and filmmakers on issues of content protection and security.
- Research and analyze complex questions regarding distribution and enforcement rights, as well as attendant contractual obligations, for motion picture and television projects.
- Advise business units on content protection and technical issues affecting their business deals.
- Coordinate content protection efforts across all divisions of the studio and with colleagues in other divisions of Viacom.
- Represent Paramount’s interests in connection with content-protection related litigations, including amicus and other policy-related filings on sophisticated issues of copyright, right of publicity, trademark, and defamation.
- Serve as Paramount’s primary representative with respect to anti-piracy activities, and other content protection-related efforts, with third parties, including other rights holders and distributors, Internet-related intermediaries, law enforcement, policy makers, vendors, trade associations, and public interest groups.
- Provide intellectual property-related advice and counsel.
- Oversee the management and resolution of intellectual property-related legal claims and litigations, including coordination of factual research, development of legal positions and strategy, preparation of discovery responses and collection of responsive documents, working with outside counsel, in-house legal colleagues, and across business units as necessary.
- Protect and enforce the studio’s trademarks and copyrights, including by drafting cease and desist letters, engaging in follow up negotiations, and coordinating with anti-piracy vendors.
- Prepare and review powers of attorney and similar authorizations related to content protection efforts.