The assistant position in the West Coast Communications office for Comedy Central, Paramount Network and TV Land is viewed as an entry into a career in communications and publicity. This position is based in Hollywood and primarily supports the office’s vice presidents, while also coordinating with the Communications department in New York.
The position maintains a variety of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Distribution of press releases and announcements; production of press digests, coverage reports and press websites; maintain and update contact database; schedule meetings, video and phone conference calls; coordination of talent travel.
- Gather and organize relevant press materials for distribution, including photos, clips and key art. Maintain photo/image library and coordinate publicity photo shoots.
- Coordinate awards submissions and manage related expenses (Emmys, Peabodys, etc.).
- Support Communications team in arrangement of media junkets, tours, events, etc.
- Maintain and circulate calendar of upcoming press breaks and talent appearances.
- Draft press releases and communications strategies for programming and brand initiatives.
- Order supplies for department.