This position will lead a functional group to manage a wide array of legal responsibilities related to the worldwide marketing of all Paramount properties in all media. The successful candidate will supervise and lead a group of production lawyers, paralegals and other executives who will handle all marketing legal matters.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Leads the Marketing Legal Group that provides strategic counsel and legal services to the worldwide marketing operations of the studio across all lines of business.
- Manages the legal servicing of over 500 in-house clients across the lot, nine foreign offices, and a variety of marketing divisions, including creative advertising, media buying, market research and analytics, digital and field marketing, partnerships, and publicity.
- Supervises the drafting and negotiation of legal transactions by attorneys and legal professionals in the Los Angeles office, and additional attorneys in London and Paris.
- Develops and implements company-wide policies, and provides continuing education and training to professional staff and client groups on current and developing legal topics.
- Coordinates with Intellectual Property Group on the clearance of marketing materials created for theatrical, home entertainment, television and new media content.
- Cultivates relationships with local offices in international territories, and implements best practices to reduce legal risks involved with localized marketing materials, promotions and events.
- Manages complex marketing legal transactions, and provides legal and business risk analysis to senior executive.
- Oversees the legal clearance of added-value content for home media exploitation of television and film releases.
- Supervises the engagement of outside counsel.
- Collaborate with legal colleagues across other divisions and departments.