The International Theatrical Distribution department is responsible for developing and implementing release strategies in 60+ countries for all titles released by Paramount Pictures International. The group also undertakes industry analysis and builds forecasting models to formulate box office projections for greenlights and acquisitions.
This role will be responsible for box office analysis related to current and forward-looking performance of theatrical film releases, along with release date validation and weekend box office reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze the performance of Paramount’s theatrical releases and competitor tentpoles by building and maintaining forecasting models before and during a release.
- Participate in weekend box office reporting duties by preparing weekly summaries for upper management detailing the top-performing international releases.
- Read, analyze and assess scripts for international performance potential as part of the greenlight process, identifying significant competitor titles for box office comparisons.
- Regularly examine internal and competitor release schedules in order to identify potential dating opportunities or conflicts.
- Work directly with PPI international offices to collate market analysis, statistics + trends in box office, admissions, ticket prices, etc. for presentations to senior management.
- Create, prepare and issue various key reports to apprise upper management of International, Regional, and Territory-specific performance for all PPI releases.