The Viacom Business Affairs and Legal Department is seeking an excpetional Department Assistant to provide administrative support to the Vice Presidents of Creative Music and Licensing Strategy for Viacom Brands.
- Maintain calendar for (2) Vice Presidents. Coordinate a high volume of often-changing appointments, meetings and conference calls with department staff, Viacom Media Networks senior management and external executives. Reserve and confirm conference rooms and other meeting locations. Set up conference calls, set up video conference calls, handle frequent incoming phone calls, maintain files and update databases. Assist in planning of department events and outings, respond to facility issues, and assist with special projects as needed.
- Prepare and submit travel and expense reimbursements for Vice Presidents. Make travel arrangements for business trips, as necessary.
- Liaise with building management regarding all facilities problems and needs, new hire requests, and general building concerns.
- When needed, perform music research for requested titles, including research on record labels, publishers and sampled material. Research artists, label and publishing information via various internet search engines, as well as in-house programs MVA and DM5.
- Track, archive and administer the execution and payment of licenses, securing signatures on license agreements, processing payment through market, mailing out payment with cue sheets to vendors, and return fully executed licenses to Licensors and Staff. This also involves obtaining W-9’s and 8Ben’s, explaining new W-9 forms to vendors, helping them complete form, and collaborating with Vendor Setup to update the accounting software.
- Research time-sensitive payment information in SAP, attend to customer services needs for payment inquiries, and coordinate payment issues with Accounting, Production Management, Tax Compliance and Accounts Payable.
- Research copyright information (i.e. record label information, songwriter information, publishing information and film and TV distributors). Track and update programming rights reports and show tracking reports. Assist with end of year accruals, cue sheet reporting and other operational administrative duties as needed