This position is responsible for providing legal and commercial support to the sales/business development executives and contract administration, finance and marketing groups of the Worldwide Television Licensing and Home Media Distribution division.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Perform legal affairs functions in connection with Paramount’s physical, television and digital distribution of motion picture and television content worldwide, with a focus on pay TV, basic TV, free TV, SVOD, FVOD, VOD, EST, PPV, and packaged media discs.
- Handle all aspects of licensing matters, including drafting documents, negotiating all phases of transactions from term sheet to definitive agreement, and consulting on the management and administration of active agreements.
- Assist with matters related to licensing, sales and distribution, including acquisitions, content protection, MPA initiatives, rights conflict analysis, collective management issues, regulatory compliance, and retail sales agreements.
- Structure, negotiate and draft vendor agreements for services and commodities related to distribution activities.
- Collaborate with, synthesize feedback from and provide advice to commercial, finance, operations and marketing executives.
- Coordinate and liaise with multiple Paramount offices worldwide.
- Provide ancillary legal affairs support to other groups or divisions, as needed.