Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
Our Strategic Sourcing team is growing! We are adding members to the team in Los Angeles.
The Manager of Sourcing (Marketing) will be responsible for providing Media and/or Creative leadership, strategic direction and driving global sourcing activities and initiatives, in support of the Marketing Sourcing Tower and other senior leaders within Sourcing group. This position will be responsible for being the ultimate marketing consultant to the team, marketing departments across Paramount and Viacom Media Networks and agency partners. He/she will serve as a primary point-of-contact for building, managing and maintaining relationships with key Paramount/Viacom business owners, delivering high impact and ROI focused marketing and sourcing strategies and negotiations.
This role will collaborate and provide team support in identifying, analyzing and quantifying global, regional and local marketing spend and performance data. This person will be charged with designing and maintaining efficient and effective analytical processes that will improve business decision making. We are looking for someone that is intellectually curious and thrives in a highly collaborative team environment.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Serve as a contact point responsible for building and managing business relationships with key business partners, agencies, vendors and Viacom and Paramount business owners (Marketing, Publicity, Interactive/Digital, Finance, Legal) required to drive successful, high impact and ROI focused global marketing and sourcing initiatives.
- Lead small to medium scale Sourcing initiatives including RFPs, leading the opportunity assessment, strategy & project plan development, end-to-end negotiations, sourcing engagement and contracting processes to achieve strategic marketing and financial goals. Drive company-wide synergies, when appropriate, highlighting opportunities with common vendors, agencies, spending, or processes while under guidance and direction from the Sourcing Tower Leader.
- Identify and implement best practice/best-in-class sustainable business, marketing and/or sourcing methodologies, processes, systems, tools, metrics/KPIs and other resources that meet Sourcing group’s and stakeholders’ needs from start to finish. Lead the standardization and operational improvements of current planning, buying and reporting processes.
- Manage multiple projects from identification of sourcing opportunities to contract execution.
- Develop and execute complex RFI / RFQ / RFP’s that suit needs and timeframe of the project (e.g., develop standard templates, work with business to identify both incumbent and new vendors, distribute to vendors; tabulate and analyze responses, support Marketing Tower in responding to vendor questions, prepare summary tables of comparative results across vendors).
- Work with business leaders to support Marketing Tower in development of Category strategy, using knowledge of the market and company financials and spending patterns.
- Assess and highlight opportunities across vendors, services, and brands within the marketing and media space.
- Compile, prepare and manage marketing and financial data in support of marketing workstreams.
- Act as liaison with finance business partners to ensure proper benchmarking and tracking towards goals.
- Translate data into actionable insights for internal and external constituents.
- Create presentations and summaries for a variety of stakeholders including upper management.
- Report/Support financial models and provide data needed to identify P&L savings and cost avoidance
- Liaise and interact with other Global Sourcing towers, vendors and stakeholders, as needed, to analyze risks associated with the continuous changes of the marketing landscape to minimize exposure and negative brand impact to Viacom.
- Continuously collect business intelligence on category-specific sourcing standard methodologies and summarize/share with Marketing Tower
- Prepare/communicate financial tracking/reporting/status