Paramount Pictures is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for the evolving landscape of content acquisition to contribute to its content pipeline for theatrical and home media distribution in domestic and international territories.
The Vice-President of Acquisitions will be charged with procuring content for intended distribution across theatrical and ancillary platforms, in domestic and international markets. S/he will be responsible for developing, strengthening and nurturing relationships with key content owners in the acquisitions space, including but not limited to talent agents, global sales agents, independent producers/production companies and licensed property rights holders. S/he will report to the Executive Vice-President of Worldwide Acquisitions providing critical support in all areas related to relationship building, deal negotiation, execution and P&L management.
- Identify, curate and evaluate appropriate content for exploitation across theatrical and home media platforms
- Cultivate and manage relationships with talent agencies, sales agents, independent production companies and licensed property holders with the intention of providing a consistent pipeline of content to the studio. Content opportunities include feature length films, TV series and licensed property content/series
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation including deal term finalization and release strategy recommendation
- Utilize industry insights, observations and historical performance data in the preparation of preliminary financial models on a by project basis, working alongside internal finance team.
- Represent the Worldwide Acquisitions team’s objectives and interests across the company on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis
- Manage and evaluate content performance through internal and industry metrics with the intent of utilizing that performance for future deal assumptions and strategy development
- Communicate and maintain a thorough understanding of market trends and industry shifts as it relates to domestic and international markets, new distribution models, platforms and marketing strategies.
- Coordinate and work closely with partners of newly acquired content to ensure contractual obligations and timely deliverables are met, on an as needed basis