Overview and Responsibilities
- Oversee planning and production, from pre-production through final delivery, of feature animated projects for Nickelodeon Animation.
- Work closely with production execs and finance to establish schedule and budget templates for feature films.
- Collaborate with studio executives to steer the scheduling, budgeting and staffing of projects.
- Collaborate with creative leadership of films to establish goals and assumptions and determine best production pipeline to meet the project needs.
- Aid in the complexity assessments and management on films – provide recommendations for getting the most value on screen.
- Help identify and hire production management teams on projects and steer them to successful completion, on schedule and budget.
- Review, manage and assess production progress and work with production teams to anticipate potential issues.
- Problem solve issues and clearly communicate risks and alternatives to executives.
- Manage work flow and communication with studio support teams, including Finance, Business and Legal Affairs, Human Resources, Recruitment, Post-Production, Technology, and Core Services.
- Work with creative project leadership and studio execs to evaluate and contract with animation and post-production vendor studios, and support production teams to successfully manage work with subcontractors.
- Collaborate with other animation execs to create consistency and best practices across all production and leverage talent and resources across the company.
- Establish best practices for production tracking and reporting, to be consistent across feature films and meet the needs of the studio.
- Stay on top of key industry trends, studios, software pipelines, and talent.
- In conjunction with SVP and EVP, help create, test and establish new production and/or development initiatives.
- 7+ years of progressive production management experience in a feature animation studio.
- Production management experience in various departments including pre-production (story, art, editorial) and production (assets, layout, animation, lighting)
- Wide industry knowledge of people, process and various pipelines.
- Familiarity with important animation software, hardware, databases and asset management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience in a large dynamic studio a plus.
- Experience working with subcontractors a major plus
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed