The Content Security team is responsible for protecting Paramount’s content and brand reputation across the entire lifecycle of a production – from Script to Archive. This cutting edge department creates solutions to a variety of unique security challenges including the digital and physical security of Paramount’s creative development, on-location production, post-production, third party vendors, and internal business units. The Content Security team covers all aspects of security; digital (network security and application security), physical, and management (policies, procedures, and training) controls and plays a crucial part in mitigating the risk and financial impact to the studio as it pertains to leaks, theft, and other security related issues for each production. This department supports all aspects of the studio (Film, Animation, and Television), and acts as the security champion to ensure all business units and productions are in compliance with Paramount policies and standards.
This position is responsible for overseeing implementation of content security across the entire lifecycle of a Film, Television, and Animation production. The role has an emphasis on Production and Network Security and focuses on the technical aspects of Content Security by assisting all departments across the studio in protecting Paramount’s Content and Brand Reputation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to reviewing and conducting risk assessments of: productions, post-production facilities, content handling applications and other technologies, and third party creative vendors.
- Provide security consulting services with Production Executives, Directors, Producers, Talent, Unit Production Managers and staff to evaluate and address security concerns and risks with assistance from Department head as needed.
- Implement and enforce project-specific content security policies and solutions to meet the individual and unique production and workflow needs of each production.
- Manage and perform on-site security risk assessments of Paramount productions ensuring compliance with internally developed policies.
- Lead content security assessments of vendors and other partners. Reviewing compliance around physical security, digital security, management systems, and related processes.
- Evaluate and test vendor’s digital security workflows, processes, and controls and identify areas of risk.
- Manage vendor assessment remediation projects and revalidation of security compliance
- Manage and lead assessments of internal departments handling content to ensure appropriate security measures are in place.
- Escalate internal and external identified risks to head of Department and provide solutions to remediate risk.
- Serve as a key partner in the creation and revision of Content Security policies, procedures, guidelines, and supporting documentation.
- Partner with the business units to ensure implementation and enforcement of Paramount security policies. Escalate risks to appropriate management and provide tracking of outcomes and timelines to ensure completion.
- Responsible for the Content Security online training program(s); launch new campaigns, follow up with outstanding trainees, ensure compliance, and track issues and areas for improvement
- Develop and assist Legal departments in the implementation of policy and procedure language as it applies to Content Security.
- Identify, review, test, and document potential technologies and platforms for future-use in productions and other departments that handle or process content. Ensuring that such products meet Content Security requirements. Setting up demos, and coordinating with sourcing and legal as necessary for products selected for use.
- Implement a system and process to track all technology platforms that handle content across the studio to ensure systems meet studio requirements and are evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Leverage cross-functional subject matter expertise across the Studio Content & Information Security team to ensure that information regarding application security, 3rd party site security, internal facility security, and business requirements are applied to active business workflows and policies