This position is responsible for providing legal services and counsel to the worldwide marketing operations of all of the studio’s divisions, including theatrical, television production, home media, and television licensing.
- Draft and negotiate complex or novel deals independently for a wide range of marketing agreements, including:
- Agreements for creative content productions, contests/sweepstakes, interactive and digital services, live events, media buying, virtual reality, publicity and awards consultants, artwork commissions, and venue rentals;
- Promotion and sponsorship agreements for co-promotions, premiere sponsorships, co-branded ad-spots;
- Product placement agreements; and
- Influencer agreements.
- Propose and draft new contractual language for existing templates based on department policies and/or new developments in the industry.
- Facilitate workflow of assignment on assigned titles and review contracts drafted by paralegals.
- Become subject matter expert on industry-specific area, such as privacy or media buying.
- Evaluate and advise on intellectual property and content clearance issues for trailers/spots, print and online advertising, and value-added content.
- Provide counsel on industry-specific marketing issues, including COPPA, false advertising, privacy, FTC, and CPSIA.
- Provide practical risk assessment and risk reduction solutions for marketing executives with respect to live publicity events/stunts, promotions and content production.
- Supervise and partner with paraprofessional staff in servicing film-specific transactions.
- Establish and foster business relationships with demanding clientele from multiple divisions at home office and abroad.
- Partner with Paramount lawyers in the UK and France on film-specific matters.
- Create and lead internal training sessions (e.g. COPPA compliance, IP basics) and develop new client development programs.
- Act as representative of marketing interest in negotiation of TV and Home Media Distribution deals.
- Counsel TV and Home Entertainment teams in managing relationships with partners and exercising rights with respect to marketing assets.
- Instruct and manage outside counsel on ad hoc matters.