As a part of the organization’s sales leadership team, the SVP Domestic Physical Sales is accountable for the overall net sales performance, market share and contribution margin achievement for Paramount Pictures in North America.
The position is responsible for leading the Domestic Physical Sales team and developing extraordinary customer relationships.
The SVP Sales reports to the Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Distribution.
Summary of Role Responsibilities:
- Align the sales organization’s objectives with business strategy through active participation in the strategic planning, sales strategy development, annual and quarterly forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting process.
- Meet assigned targets for net sales, market share, contribution margin and other strategic performance objectives.
- Lead and refine the sales organizations high performance management processes and culture. This includes reinforcing and embedding the principles for managing high performance, performance tracking for all sales roles; and overseeing the equitable allocation of organizational objectives across all the defined area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development to the sales team; fostering a culture of high-performance and accountability.
- Proactively assess existing and new sales organization investments, including but not limited to trade spend, technology and training . Ensure investments yield effective and efficient return on investment and other productivity benefits consistent with established objectives.
- Lead the identification, formulation and communication of sales strategy for physical sales including, competitive analysis, capabilities assessments, forecasting and cost/revenue projections, and developing strategic recommendations. Working closely with the planning, marketing and finance teams on the sales strategy
- Secure promotional opportunities on partner platforms; ensure operational goals, execution of content strategy and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Research and explore emerging business models and trends; conduct market assessments to formulate physical domestic business strategies.
- Lead and support the sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive and progressive organizational change.
- Develop MOD and licensing strategies to maximize the return on Paramount assets
- Establish and maintain productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the execution marketing strategies for launch of physical new release and catalogue content to ensure effective implementation of such strategy.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Develop distinctive customer level strategies for strategic accounts to drive superior performance and competitive advantage
- Maintain a long term big picture view of strategic accounts and future needs and opportunities
- Develop plans and strategies for profitable business growth and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Create and contribute to a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales, trade spend, market share, and other financial and strategic objectives.
- Develop, promote and coordinate business process and best practice for customer engagement for strategic accounts.
- Manage customer relationship
- Develop and leverage productive and superior multi-level and peer-to-peer relationships with customers, prospects and related industry stakeholders
- In coordination with the leadership team, originate, negotiate and close trading terms agreements
- Develop and manage annual and quarterly customer revenue, contribution margin and market share growth plans; encompassing new release marketing plans, catalog drafting opportunities and other national & or customer specific promotional programming in line with defined product and pricing guidelines
- Provide detailed and accurate annual and quarterly sales forecasting
- Review quarterly sales pacing and take timely corrective action to address any shortfall in performance
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Lead customer initiatives by continuously assessing the need for improvement, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding increased performance.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Develop sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Manage the use of trade spend budgets and other trade and company investments
- Put in place processes and systems to support the success of the sales function and customer plans
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful programs
- Manage sales team members, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Hire and develop sales staff where appropriate
- Identifying potential business opportunities and new clients