Overview and Responsibilities
- Work with a team of attorneys and coordinators to negotiate, analyze and prepare a wide variety of below-the-line production related legal documents for theatrical motion pictures, including production services agreements, product placement deals, location agreements/permits, equipment rental contracts, aircraft and boat charter agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, line/executive producer agreements, visual effects agreements, numerous post production agreements, and other contracts as needed.
- Liaise with and advise Paramount executives and personnel in various departments, along with on-set production personnel, on day-to-day production and other legal matters.
- Interface with other lawyers in the theatrical legal department to analyze and address day-to-day picture related issues including contract rights and obligations, trademark, copyright, labor/guilds, music and clearances.
- Supervise and coordinate with outside counsel in multiple countries on production legal matters.
- Coordinate insurance and safety related matters with Paramount Risk Management and Production Safety.
- Create internal status memos advising various departments of any approval rights, credits, and restrictions to ensure compliance with contractual legal obligations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and JD from an ABA school
- Minimum 4 years motion picture production legal experience at a production company or entertainment law practice (or equivalent experience)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and internet research
- Strong drafting, organizational and time management skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed