This role will be focussed on driving global sourcing activities and initiatives across Film and TV Physical Production, Studio Operations, Tentpoles, Publicity, Special Event vendor spend portfolios as well as being a supplemental resource to other sourcing towers (post production, marketing, corporate, and IT).
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Support Global Category Managers / Leaders in Developing and Executing Category Strategies and In Fulfilling Sourcing Requests from Business
- Conduct financial, demand and supply market analysis, and interact with business leaders to support Category Manager in development of Category strategy
- Develop and execute complex RFI / RFQ / RFP’s with quality and in timeframes as directed by Category Managers e.g., develop standard templates, work with business to identify both incumbent and new vendors, distribute to vendors; tabulate and analyze responses, support Category Manager in responding to vendor questions, prepare summary tables of comparative results across vendors
- Execute contract renewals and new contracts as assigned by Category Manager. Negotiate best possible commercial terms while protecting Viacom through use of standard terms and conditions.
- Interact directly with vendor and internal business leaders for day-to-day activities
- Efficiently and effectively process procurement requests from Category Managers – provide optimal results within timeframes needed by the business
- Conduct other (frequently cross-functional) projects as assigned by Category Leader and Manager
- Use Data Analytics and Gather Business Intelligence to Support Development and Execution of Category Strategies
- Support Category Managers with spend data analysis to assess current performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Conduct supply market research and analysis to identify / validate potentially qualified suppliers to meet business needs
- Continuously gather business intelligence on category-specific sourcing standard methodologies and summarize / share with Category Managers
- Prepare performance scorecards and communicate to vendors
- Build knowledge/credibility within assigned category (ies) – bring new and actionable category – specific insights to Category Manager based on knowledge of category best practices and trends