Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
This position will direct the financial planning & analysis (FP&A), capital planning, and strategy & decision support for the Paramount Pictures Studio Group division. The position reports directly to the SVP of Finance for the Studio Group.
- Support all Studio Group lines of business in the division-wide consolidation of financial statements, serving as the primary Studio Group liaison to Corporate FP&A
- Lead capital planning efforts for Studio Group division modeling investment/return analyses, preparing capital approval documentation, and shepherding the overall capital approval process
- Oversee preparation of annual operating budgets, quarterly forecasts, monthly variance analyses, and all necessary strategic support for Facilities Operations, Security Operations, and Government Affairs departments
- Responsible for continuous improvements in the budget/forecast process to ensure operating assumptions are properly factored into financial plans and variances minimized, where possible
- Determine group KPI’s to manage business, determine areas to streamline, identify inefficiencies and improve overall profitability
- Maintain the groups reporting frameworks and tools; works cross-functionally with various business partners to determine and further develop their analytics needs
- Responsible for long-range strategic plans, forecasts and initiatives for the business unit including identification and analysis of business growth opportunities and investments
- Manage all reporting to executive management, including weekly revenue forecasts, monthly performance results and quarterly budget/estimate presentations
- Maintain excellent working relationships with operational business partners and other finance staff to facilitate accurate and timely reporting of issues and results
- Supervise a high performing Finance Manager