Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
This position is responsible for overseeing and driving the strategic development of brand/marketing initiatives and results pertaining to Paramount’s library.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Oversees and drives catalog portfolio management and product strategy for Paramount’s theatrical library across physical and digital distribution, by applying expertise in slate oversight, product development, P&L and budget management, consumer and trade marketing, talent and third party relations, retail and promotion execution and more.
- Utilizes volume forecasting tools, competitive analysis, pricing models and consumer and retail insights to develop creative and innovative strategies across franchises, theatrical drafting, new-to-format, priority titles and base catalog.
- Works with cross functional teams, including national promotions, retail marketing, publicity, media/research, legal, operations, planning and sales, to design the marketing mix that is optimal for each release/promotion and to ensure each project meets all deadlines.
- Analyzes the performance of each initiative to improve future results and works with cross-functional teams on post mortems.
- Evaluates top trends to anticipate and react to competition and consumer attitudes and behavior.
- Secures approval from executive management on strategies and plans and communicates the same to the greater organization.
- Meets established corporate fiscal and business objectives.
- Manages and develops direct reports.