Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
This position is responsible for assisting the department with ensuring compliance with applicable local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations. This position requires initiative and independent judgment in routine and emergency situations.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assists with a broad range of environmental health and safety programs (IIPP, Confined Space, In Use on Road, etc.) to stay in compliance with associated regulations (CAL/OHSA, FED OSHA, SCAQMD, CARB, DOT, NFPA70E, etc.).
- Assists with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies both onsite and off-site locations.
- Interprets governmental rules, regulations, ordinances and codes
- Responds to requests of EHS concerns on a day-to day basis including requests for indoor air quality testing, water damage, asbestos and lead sampling, and PPE, fall protection.
- Arranges and conducts facility EHS trainings, maintains records and attends facilities meetings.
- Manages the LOTO program including developing machine/equipment specific LOTO procedures, maintaining and reviewing existing LOTO procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of hazardous waste storage and disposal including characterizing, labeling and packaging hazardous waste for shipment according to State, US EPA & DOT regulations. Prepare and maintain all required documentation
- Leads the HAZWOPER team, manages all spill response activities and is responsible for coordinating spill response activities with Facilities personnel.
- Manages Paramount’s asbestos and lead sampling program. Assists in scheduling abatements, abatement oversight and emergency abatements as necessary.
- Conducts regular EHS inspections (hazardous waste cages, satellite accumulation areas, first aid kits, blood borne pathogens kits, machine guarding) to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Manages Paramount’s Recordkeeping Program
- Participates in accident investigations and oversee corrective actions.
- Maintain Paramount’s personal protective equipment inventory and recommends, purchases and inspects PPE to ensure appropriate PPE is available.
- Conducts a variety of Industrial Hygiene sampling, as needed
- Serves as a Fall Protection Competent Person for Paramount Maintains calibration of EHS monitoring equipment
- Manages the Contractor Safety program.
- Manages the day to day activities of the Paramount Rideshare Program.
- Implements and monitors the safety incentive program and participates routinely in recognition and reward of employees.
- Tracks employee medical surveillance and ensures compliance to the regulations.
- Manages, reviews, and updates EHS forms and evaluates the effectiveness of current programs, policies and procedures on an annual basis.
- Develops, analyzes and implements Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) for processes and for machine specific equipment.
- Conducts Respiratory Fit testing as required by the regulation and when requested by an employee for both onsite and off-site locations.
- Audits the SDS database to ensure accuracy and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Participates in the CERT team and emergency response teams at the location.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with Backlot Departments, Facilities, Studio Fire Department, and Studio Security Department
- Participates in strenuous physical activities relating to environmental, health and safety including, but not limited to, various climbing assignments
- Performs related special project assignments as requested by supervisor