Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
This position is responsible for leading the SAP Basis team within a larger unit/function, responsible for the development of the team and coordinating staff / resources.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Supervises team of Basis administrators and architects
- Coaches, motivates and guides team members. Provides the technical oversight and leadership necessary to accomplish the work.
- Liaises with development teams, infrastructure, security and operations to improve the reliability, security and efficiency of the SAP systems.
- Lead the effort to standardize SAP Basis environments and support processes to provide for fast and reliable delivery of Basis services.
- Performs as a technical contributor, delivering the results required in the area.
- Design and document administration policies and procedures for the production environment and train the Off-shore support team and Helpdesk to perform basic operations tasks on SAP.
- Possesses strong knowledge of SAP Basis technical environments. Serves as a technical resource to those supervised and must have skills to be hands on when required.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the processes, procedures and issues within the Basis arena.
- Assists in the development and presentation of various technical analyses to management (e.g. systems, feasibility, implementation plans).
- Implements technology or process solutions or services to meet multiple clients' requirements.