This position is responsible for monitoring and overseeing the various filings required in all international Paramount territories for statutory, tax, production entities, audit and other compliance requirements. This includes supervision of the process, coordination and organization of data from local territory, production entity stakeholders, corporate accounting department, and/or the respective accounting firms to ensure all filing requirements are completed on a timely basis. This also includes obtaining the proper accounting records and understanding the nature of any journal entries and adjustments in order to perform detailed statutory to GAAP reconciliations in support of each required filing. This individual is also responsible for the overall engagement management; execution of SOWs, raising POs and ensuring services fees have been properly budgeted for. This role will monitor the progression of any audits or filings, as well as research and address problems. The Director- International Audit and Compliance may also be required to manage ad-hoc projects which could arise during the audit/filing process or as a result of findings during such audits/filings.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Act as the central point of contact between external service providers (audit and/or accounting firms) and Paramount departments and/or executives.
- Assist with the management of audit or filing requests, coordination, and scheduling.
- Keep SVP – Finance on updated on the status and timing of various projects and prepare to communicate progress through periodic reporting as deemed necessary.
- Plan and monitor progress throughout project lifecycles, working closely with various Paramount stakeholders to ensure timely gathering of data and ensuring filing requirements are met.
- Obtain financial data and performing detailed reconciliations between statutory accounting records and US- GAAP accounting records. Understand timing or requirements variances of balances.
- Identify and help to resolve potential recurring questions, including giving feedback to Paramount accounting groups to improve and adjust processes as needed.
- Ensure all required data is obtained on a timely basis and meet filing requirement deadlines.
- Work independently to coordinate and communicate third-party audit activities across the relevant PPC divisions, liaising with senior management throughout PPC and representing the SVP – Finance and VP – Finance as necessary.
- Supervise internal and external resources, who are performing project work.
- Perform various projects such as research, special and other analyses as needed.