The Executive Director, Sales is responsible for managing licensing activities in the domestic theatrical marketplace, including but not limited to; film licensing, film settlements, film rental negotiation and forecasting for various markets under the supervision of the VP Sales.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Solicit playdates and confirm placement of current releases and sub-run playdates
- Administers weekly holdovers and related tasks
- Negotiates film rental in various markets
- Oversees booking for all publicity pre-opening screenings, group sales initiatives, and In Theatre Marketing programs such as pre-sales, special offers, etc.
- Book and oversee shipment of various print formats as per negotiations with exhibition
- Analyze the marketplace by evaluating competitive grosses, impact of new theatres, etc.
- Develops, nurtures and maintains relationships with Circuits/Buyers/Theatre Owners and their support staff
- Report results of industry trade screenings to senior management
- Oversee billing functions of weekly film engagements, which may include establishing advance and guarantee payments
- Reconcile discrepancies with cashiers regarding playdates, grosses, advance payments, delinquent box office reports and advertising costs for various markets
- Oversee adherence to piracy initiatives by ensuring proper security measures are established and enforced
- Keep senior management informed of all relevant exhibition activities during release and regarding territory
- Must be available to travel for conventions and key out-of-town meetings