Responsibilities to include, but not be limited to:
- Work with a team of attorneys and coordinators to negotiate, analyze and prepare a wide variety of below-the-line production related legal documents for theatrical motion pictures, including production services agreements, product placement deals, location agreements/permits, equipment rental contracts, aircraft and boat charter agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, line/executive producer agreements, visual effects agreements, numerous post production agreements, and other contracts as needed.
- Liaise with and advise Paramount executives and personnel in various departments, along with on-set production personnel, on day-to-day production and other legal matters.
- Interface with other lawyers in the theatrical legal department to analyze and address day-to-day picture related issues including contract rights and obligations, trademark, copyright, labor/guilds, music and clearances.
- Coordinate insurance and safety related matters with Paramount Risk Management and Production Safety.
- Create internal status memos advising various departments of any approval rights, credits, and restrictions to ensure compliance with contractual legal obligations.