This position is responsible for overseeing aspects of music clearance for Domestic and International marketing as assigned by the Exec Director, Worldwide Music Clearance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Music Cue Sheets
- Obtain cue sheets for all Domestic & International A/V materials submitted to the Media Vu, tested, and/or finishing by emailing vendors/creative teams to request cue sheets needed (Includes: trailers, TV/Radio spots, Paramount Home Entertainment, In-Theatre Promos, Cross-Promos, Making Of’s, Featurettes & Behind the Scenes pieces).
- Verify that submitted cue sheets have all the correct information (Title, Artist, Album, Publishing, Label, and Contact Info) and request corrections from vendors (as needed).
- Enter all versions of music cue sheets into applicable film’s Excel database chart.
- Double check cue sheets/music cues have been included in appropriate sections, including:
- All cues used or considered for use in marketing campaign
- Cues used in individual finished Domestic trailers, International trailers, Exhibitor Services, Featurettes, TV campaigns
- Songs from the film
- Score from the film
- Soundtrack from the film & clearance issues
- Ensure clearance notes for versions are correct and/or indicate which cues need to be cleared.
- Update spreadsheets, electronic files, and hard copy files that track the status of payment:
- Payment status in individual films’ Music Clearance chart
- Invoicing chart with complete payment information for all films
- Electronic and hard copy files of cue confirmations, purchase orders, licenses & invoices
- Correspond with music vendors regarding issues with vendor setup, invoice submission & corrections, and payment status.
- Make sure all information on invoices are correct – request vendors to revise their invoices if incorrect.
General Office Duties (including)
- Departmental phone coverage as needed
- Create correspondence
- Update electronic rolodex
- Set up gate passes
- Stock and maintain department printers and fax (ordering papers, toner, calling for repairs)
- Vendor responsibility for cue sheet lists
- File maintenance
- Box music clearance files, music license agreements, invoice and send to Records Center when film campaign is completed.
- Enter Purchase Orders for all domestic marketing music costs. Purchase orders made for the department:
- Music libraries
- Julie Sessing Music Clearance services
- Now Clear This (John Smart) – Feature Clearances
- Deluxe Mediavu
- Set up new vendors in Vendor Portal:
- Request tax forms from vendors and inform them of Paramount’s requirements and payment procedures.
- Verify forms are filled out correctly/meet Paramount’s vendor requirements and request revisions as needed
- Submit through the Vendor Portal
- Make any necessary edits to existing vendor’s profiles in Vendor Portal.
- Process invoices to ensure they attach in the system.
- Forward licenses that require signature to the music department.
- Create separate music cost chart for each film.
- Update and send updated music costs for all active Domestic & International films to finance.
- Make copies and distribute available film scores to creative executives (Domestic & International)
- Domestic & International Final Music Memos
- Generate final memos of music clearance costs for Trailers, TV, Radio spots, Cross-Promotions and Featurettes that are finished and shipped.
- Distribute memos to music clearance vendor, music department, creative executives and finance.
- Generate final memos/invoicing for additional departments such as International, Integrated Marketing, Exhibitor Services, and Interactive.
- Request Final ISCI Report from Media Traffic Manager for all TV/Radio spots aired once the film campaign is completed
- Verify that every finished spot that was shipped and aired should be paid and remove any spots that were shipped and not aired.
- Request updated International trailer and TV charts to verify which versions of trailers/spot have finished and determine which cue sheets have not been submitted.
- Music Clearance - Provide back-up to Director of Music Clearance
- Update music clearance charts with cue quotes as they come in.
- Compile and send music cost/quote request updates to clearance vendor and creative executives.
- Review/Consult with clearance vendor and/or music department regarding music usage issues.
- Send creative teams the updated cleared cue list for film campaigns for distribution to their vendors.
- Notify Music Director or SVP of Marketing Services of any expensive or problem cues.
- Media Vu Submissions - Provide back-up to Media Vu Submission Coordinator
- Forward all versions of spots from LADB on Mediavu to MPAA for electronic delivery of submissions.