This individual will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on distribution and other agreements for Paramount content across digital platforms throughout the world. The person hired for this position will also be responsible for providing legal and commercial support to the business executives that support the Worldwide Home Media Distribution digital business.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Carry out business and legal affairs responsibilities in connection with Paramount’s digital distribution of motion pictures and television content worldwide. The focus will be on electronic sell through (EST), transactional, subscription and advertiser-supported video on demand (VOD) and emerging digital distribution models.
- Handle all aspects of licensing matters, including drafting documents, negotiating all phases of transactions from term sheet to definitive agreement, consulting on the management and administration of active agreements and providing guidance on deal strategy and structure.
- Collaborate with, synthesize feedback from and provide advice to commercial, finance, operations and marketing executives.
- Coordinate and supervise outside counsel on a wide range of agreements.
- Copartner with business executives on technology issues regarding new digital formats and business models and represent studio at industry consortiums.
- Review and revise form agreements and standard terms and conditions.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the law and technology as they relate to the digital distribution of content.
- Provide legal advice and related support to the division.
- Supervise both local and international direct reports.