Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
This position will be responsible for the interpretation, development, oversight and direction of all PPC studio-related Occupational Safety & Health Programs, Ergo, Emergency Medical Response, and Environmental Programs.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Direct the design and implementation of all PPC studio-related environmental, safety, and industrial health (EHS) programs that achieve and maintain compliance, and minimize the risk of injury and illness
- Serve as Paramount’s subject matter expert on all environmental, health and safety related activities.
- Coordinate and accompany regulatory personnel during all facility inspections
- Coordinate internal monitoring resources and data for annual City of Los Angeles Department of Building & Safety and for Master Plan compliance. Scope is for day to day operational activities. Coordinate with heads of Government Relations and Facility Svcs.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Legal, Labor Relations, Back-lot Departments, Facilities, Studio Fire/Life Safety Department, and Studio Security Department
- Ensure impeccable accident, training and complaint record-keeping and training materials
- Prepare and present root-caused analysis and process improvement for all workers compensation matters
- Prepare and maintain all required documentation for internal and outside counsel, as requested
- Develop and maintain a robust training and education program which includes all required and applicable CA OSHA, FED OSHA, EPA, SQAMD or any other governing body
- Assess and determine the applicability and impact of all pertinent or imminent Environmental and Safety related laws and regulations as it related to PPC and any area where PPC business is being conducted
- Responsible for implementing all Environmental, Health, and Safety Programs and for supervising and training members of the department
- Direct the global Ergonomic Program including budget, consultants and inter-department coordination
- Interpret and advise on applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations for environmental, health and safety
- Direct the Emergency Management and Business Continuity program.
- Direct all EHS compliance audits of health and safety programs, and develop strategies for addressing areas of concerns identified through the audit program
- Direct investigations of any safety or medical related incident and provide process improvement actions
- Direct investigations or assessments of any environmental complaint and provide corrective actions and/or preventative measures
- Direct the EHS Inspection Program to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations; and ensures that all discrepancies are addressed
- Manage the EHS Metrics Program including the development of new metrics and ensuring the EHS staff meets their assigned metrics
- Regular and active participation in industry association environmental and health and safety committees to effect fair and equitable legislation and regulations by obtaining and evaluating information on future environmental, health and safety management practices and programs
- Direct the review and management of all safety equipment and supply needs, recommending replacement and new equipment purchases, as deemed necessary, and ensure required inspections of personal protective equipment are conducted
- Prepare and track contracts for consulting services
- Ensure that programs and procedures are in place to respond to all complaints and/or identification of safety hazards in a timely manner
- Participate in strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to, various climbing assignments
- Travel as required
- Perform related special project assignments as requested