Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
This position is responsible for detailed management and research of various digital archival assets. The primary responsibility will be to oversee the daily procedures pertaining to the rejection of digital files, conformance review projects, work closely with internal groups as well as external vendors for the coordination, movement, review, quality control, replacement, and updating of all metadata for all internal systems.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of both domestic and localized media files, including but not limited to: encoding video masters, ordering foreign audio conforms, subtitles and creating fully built localized video masters.
- Work with various departments internally and externally with vendors to receive orders, manage progress, write purchase orders, troubleshoot problems and deliver files under tight deadlines.
- Handle rejections from television and digital distribution clients including, but not limited to: Netflix, Hulu, Apple, Amazon, HBO, Canal+, BSKYB, and other worldwide distributors.
- Review conformance between video, audio and subtitle files, review and update subtitle files with missing characters, order and replace corrupt files, update and replace audio files with dropouts, etc.
- Contribute to improving interdepartmental logistics.
- Assist the department in project management during high volume projects.
- Assemble and distribute title information to various groups within the studio.
- Coordinate delivery of finalized assets and metadata to archive, ensuring materials pass QC.
- Learn proprietary asset-management and scheduling systems (Xytech, ALIAS, OPIS, GPS, Prism)
- Manage input/update of title information within aforementioned systems.
- Create and manage large encoding, audio and subtitling orders.
- May be assigned to various tasks and ad hoc projects, as needed.