Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
The Senior Technical Manager’s primary job responsibility is to reduce risk to Viacom Information and Information Systems through the understanding and use of various data security technologies, applications, methodologies and industry standards. The Senior Technical Manager will be a Technology professional able to provide advanced expertise in Information Security Technologies and risk reduction strategies. In addition to daily operational responsibilities this role will be responsible for the innovation and execution of people/process and technology improvements within Information Security as well as the broader MTS group.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Understands industry standard Information Security process and technology
- Works independently applying in-depth knowledge of multiple Information Security technologies (Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB)/Database Security (DAM)/Data Breach Solutions (DBS)/Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)/Data Security and File Encryption platforms/DDOS Protection Platforms/ Dynamic Web and Static Code Testing Solutions/Email Security Platforms/Endpoint Protection and Response solutions/Firewalls/Identity and Access Management Platforms (IAM)/IPS solutions/Network Behavioral Analysis (NBA)/Privileged Access Management (PAM)/Security Information Management Solutions (SIM)/Threat Management Platforms (TMP)/Vulnerability Management platforms/Web Application Firewalls (WAF)/Web Security URL Filtering, etc. as appropriate
- Acts as a consultant to IT professionals and business partners in their area Information and Cyber Security risks and controls
- Performs sophisticated analysis of Information Security related logs and log data to surface potential Information Security risk and concerns for resolution. Escalate findings and recommendations to management
- Effectively uses the Viacom Information Security Application and Services Portfolio to reduce risk to Viacom Information and Information Systems
- Proactively makes risk reducing recommendations to appropriate business units regarding the development of new or existing services
- Proactively looks for innovative approaches to maintaining and improving the Viacom Information Security Framework
- Maintain broad experience in Information Security and has the ability to identify and leverage technical experts in different specialized fields across other departments
- Participates in Incident Response training initiatives and when required ensures active participation in the incident response lifecycle governed by the Technical CIRT Policy
- Ensure all of the services and or applications supported are consistently performing as intended this includes coordinating upgrades and or improvements
- Frequently reviews any tickets in any service ticketing queues related to the group managed to ensure proper ticket closure