The Director, Finance & Planning is accountable for overseeing the centralized overhead planning team of 5, including 4 direct reports. This position is responsible for overseeing the quarterly planning cycle and monthly pacing process, supporting the month-end close process and performing ad hoc requests for senior management. This position partners closely with senior management, business units, human resources and the financial reporting team to support the requirements above.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Oversees quarterly planning cycles and the compilation of a comprehensive corporate financial plan through close collaboration with human resources and business unit heads across all divisions.
- Oversees monthly and weekly pacing of actual results versus the forecast to identify and explain variances and identify risks and opportunities to support strategic course correction.
- Prepares monthly CFO presentation to review financial results, communicate recommendations.
- Supervises team that supports the month-end close process, which includes timely good receipting of purchase orders, timely invoice approval as well as preparation of month-end accruals and recharges
- Manages ad-hoc projects for senior management.
- Identifies and implements overhead cost saving opportunities.
- Analyzes and recommends business unit realignment strategies to achieve cost savings and synergies across the various lines of business.