The Analyst, International Distribution is responsible for box office analysis related to current and forward-looking performance of theatrical film releases.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with analyzing performance of Paramount’s theatrical releases and competitive tentpoles by maintaining forecasting models before and during a release.
- Validates release dates for Paramount and competitive product by working closely with Regional Supervisors and Territory General/Sales Managers to ensure that all dates are entered into MIDAS (release date system).
- Drafts weekend box office performance reporting presentation notes.
- Collates market analysis, statistics and trends in box office, admissions, ticket prices trends, and formats for presentations to senior management.
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of various key management reports including the “Title Life Cycle” report detailing all future planned Paramount releases.
- Backs up cover for preparing and issue dating charts and other release date documentation.
- Reads, analyzes, and assesses scripts for international potential / performance as part of the greenlight process; identifies competitive titles for box office comparisons.