The Vice President, Marketing Strategy Operations facilitates and plays a key role in shaping the strategy for each film’s domestic theatrical campaign, communicates that strategy to stakeholders, and works closely with all marketing disciplines to drive execution forward.
- Ensures all teams are clear on strategic direction of each campaign. Works directly with marketing presidents, creative advertising, research, analytics, and others as required to identify and answer key strategic questions. Tracks strategy evolution throughout campaign and communicates to all teams to ensure alignment.
- Oversees creation and maintenance of key campaign strategy documents and presentations for updates to various internal and external groups (filmmakers, cross-company kick-offs, synergy meetings, weekly department meetings, etc.).
- Presents marketing strategy to external marketing partners and agencies (e.g. media, promo, digital, retail) to encourage on-brand executions and collaborations.
- Ensures marketing timeline on each title is maintained, tracks status on all initiatives, flags areas of concern, makes certain accountable teams have everything necessary to execute.
- Project manages cross-discipline integrated marketing executions as needed.
- Coordinates major asset launches with PR, digital, media, creative, and finishing teams, and communicates plan and subsequent performance to filmmakers.
- Responsible for filmmaker marketing presentations on assigned titles – timing, prep, goals, and the presentation, itself.
- Interfaces with third-party participants, IP-holders and similar partners. Duties may include brand management alignment, collaborative marketing executions, delivery pipelines, organizing update meetings, and additional campaign communication.
- Interfaces with other internal divisions (home media, production, music, etc.), communicating key marketing campaign beats and needs, as required. Ensures smooth hand-off from theatrical to home media window via regular downloads.
- Pro-actively generates big picture thinking and seeks out innovative approaches to campaigns across disciplines. Tracks competitor campaigns and shares insights.
- Responsible for the distribution of scripts and other production information to marketing teams, coordinates department screenings, and other department-wide communications pertaining to specific titles.
- Seeks, identifies and executes process and communication improvements to align the various marketing functions behind a focused strategy for our films; identify areas for improvement and work with teams to be more efficient.
- Supervises Manager of Marketing Strategy Operations, works collaboratively with all other MSO team members.