Awesomeness TV, a youth engaged television studio, seeks an assistant to support the Senior Vice President of Production in the physical production department located in Hollywood CA.
- Administrative duties such as answering phones, heavy calendar management, and email correspondence
- Maintaining contacts, scheduling internal/external meetings and calls, and organizing travel arrangements
- Managing the workflow of a fast-paced production office
- Acting as a liaison across all departments and production offices
- Creating and submitting SVP’s expense reports
- Attending meetings and calls with the SVP and taking detailed notes for reference
- Organization of all pertinent production documents
- Delegation of duties to office PA’s
The Legal Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Vice President Business Affairs
- Assists in the preparation of EVP work product.
- Distributes, files, and organizes internal and external agreements and correspondence.
- Manages general administrative duties: answers phones, rolls calls, schedules internal and external appointments and meetings, maintains daily schedules and calendars, and handles e-mail distributions and incoming and outgoing mail, handles visitor requests, updates contact information, generates expense reports, and orders supplies.
- Maintains tickler system for follow-up; updates entries of status of projects and deals in status reports.
- Composes and generates letters, term sheets, and internal deal memos (using a data-based online program)
- Liaises with internal departments and external entities as needed.
This position will be responsible for a wide array of tasks necessary to support the Paramount Television Legal Affairs department. Assignments include negotiating and drafting talent and production related documents, including artist’s certificates, staff writer agreements, location and vendor agreements, producer agreements, etc.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Draft, negotiate, and finalize time-sensitive production-related agreements, including production services agreements, tax incentive related documents, location agreements, aerial/drone agreements, equipment rental agreements, vehicle/watercraft agreements, catering agreements, lease agreements, parking/holding agreements, props agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, clip licenses, location releases, and VFX agreements for television productions
- Draft and negotiate various rights acquisition and services contracts for individuals and companies involved in all aspects of writing, producing, directing, etc. for Paramount TV pilots and series
- Analyze complicated chain of title matters to ensure underlying rights are clear, anticipate and account for potential chain of title and rights issues, and conduct extensive rights research to determine motion picture content available for television/digital exploitation
- Communicate with the intellectual property and rights team regarding clearance restrictions, copyright issues and other IP matters
- Advise regarding questions that arise under applicable union/guild collective bargaining agreements and standards and practices of television and digital exhibitors
- Communicate and negotiate with talent representation and various outside vendors in an effective, timely, and professional manner
- Collaborate with the finance and risk management team regarding tax incentives, insurance coverage, and compliance matters
- Develop and maintain interdepartmental relationships within the studio to facilitate the free flow of information
- Special assignments include assisting TV Legal executives on various research projects, reviewing documents, testing different databases and document management systems
- Provide ancillary business and legal affairs support to other groups or divisions, as needed
- Prepare legal documents such as contracts/amendments for review, approval and use by attorneys
- Draft new legal language as needed to be incorporated into contracts for use by the department
- Update production legal guidelines for PTV’s production manual and create new production-related template agreements
- Coordinate and liaise with multiple Paramount offices worldwide on assigned projects
- Manage document files
- Manage other job duties as assigned by managemen
Supports the Co-President of Domestic Marketing overseeing feature film marketing campaigns, creating theatrical trailers, television spots, posters and other advertising materials for the studio.
* Answers heavy phones and rolling calls
* Manages heavy scheduling and executive calendar
* Composes correspondence mostly via dictation
* Tracks methodical print and A/V materials
* Schedules domestic and international travel arrangements
* Generates expense reports
* Researches on and off-line
* Upkeeps contact database
The Executive Assistant, EVP/Co-Head of Original Content, Comedy Central is responsible for the administrative support for the the day-to-day operation of the department.
- Maintains accurate appointment calendars, contacts and meeting-specific distribution lists for EVPs via Outlook.
- Coordinates a high volume of internal and external meetings, pitches, appointments, offsites, presentations, business meals and shows.
- Answers all incoming telephone calls: screening, prioritizing and relaying messages to EVPs or the appropriate team member.
- Composes and disseminates e-mails, memos, announcements and mail for EVPs and department, responding to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintains incoming submission grid and print and evaluate scripts and pitches
- Books transportation, accommodations and reservations for domestic and international business travel.
- Tracks and organizes EVPs business receipts and complete and submits monthly expense reports.
- Designs and updates departmental documents, charts and forms including tracking grids and development reports via Word & Excel.
- Works efficiently & effectively across Viacom support departments, i.e. travel management, facilities, technology help desk, accounts payable to fulfill job responsibilities, building bridges and key relationships as needed.
- Helps to facilitate and manage Talent & Development internship program.
This role is part of the Paramount Special Events team, and will be responsible for account management, business development, market research, sales prospecting, public relations, customer relationship management, event planning and coordination, logistics oversight, revenue management, and communications. Responsibilities to include:
- Prepare proposals and contracts for clients and maintain well-organized event records
- Build and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners and leverage these relationships to deliver innovative and memorable events
- Be an active member of the hospitality and event planning industries
- Pursue new market opportunities to increase event sales, working in concert with LATCB (Los Angeles Tourism and Convention Board)
- Meet with clients regularly, and conduct tours of the event facilities
- Provide accurate and timely information to clients, vendors, and meeting planners
- Continuously focus on improving customer satisfaction to create customer loyalty and deliver a positive event experience
- Prepare detailed event reports, including sales data worksheets, cost projections, sales forecasting and other financial metrics
- Work collaboratively with the Special Events team to achieve the department’s and the company’s financial goals
The Exectuive Assistant supports the the SVP and VP of Nickelodeon Live Action Production.
- Assists the SVP and VP of Live Action Production on all aspects of work.
- Schedules meetings and calls for executives.
- Updates and maintains all calendars including the All Nick Master Calendar, Production/Air Chart and LRP.
- Tracks and files production documents such as call sheets, scripts, production reports, production schedules, etc.
- Tracks and files production contracts for shows.
- Helps create and maintains Nick staff and crew lists for shows.
- Helps create and maintains Nick wrap gift/wrap party invite lists.
- Books travel and completes expense reports for executives.
- Updates and maintains All Nick Master Calendar.
- Updates and maintains Production and Air Chart.
- Updates and maintains show calendars.
- Updates and maintains the ATL Contract Log for bi-weekly call with BALA.
- Facilitates signing of contracts by executives.
- Creates Nickelodeon gift baskets for charity events and auctions.
We are looking for a collaborative, customer-focused and creative team member with experience in organization effectiveness, talent management and learning and development. In this role, you’ll focus on partnering with leaders on their organizations so that teams can do their best work. You will have the opportunity to work with senior organization and people development team members on complex and large scale interventions and you will be deployed to manage the design and implementation of solutions for specific client groups, including Paramount, Nickelodeon and Awesomeness.
In addition to supporting our senior team members and working with our creative and inspiring clients, you’ll own dedicated areas with our organization development and talent management center of excellence. You will also contribute to projects that address enterprise learning and organization development needs. Our ideal team member couples a passion for organization development, talent management and learning with a strong results orientation that is directed toward adapting theories and best practices into practical, results-based solutions that align with client’s priorities and add clear, measureable value to the business.
Organization Development (60%)
- Partner with senior Org and People Development team members, HR Generalists and business leaders in the development of organization and people solutions focused on structure, process, skills and teams.
- Contribute to individual, team and functional diagnostics and needs assessments.
- Provide change management support for organizational change projects.
- Support HR Generalists in organization redesign initiatives.
- Work on solutions that build high performing teams through team coaching and facilitation.
- Foster leadership and high potential development by promoting the adoption of learning programs and frameworks, and by contributing to customized development solutions.
- Assess, track and analyze the impact of interventions.
Center of Excellence Programs and Processes (30%)
- Own the design, delivery and evaluation of select organization development, leadership development, and talent management programs and processes.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of processes, tools and evaluations that continuously enhance solutions.
- Manager vendors including contracts in support of center of excellence programs.
- Track, monitor and analyze needs and activity; provide insights on trends and implications.
Enterprise Projects (10%)
- Contribute to enterprise-wide and cross-functional projects.
This position is responsible for structuring, drafting, negotiating and advising on complex development, production, distribution, rights and other agreements for Paramount content across television and digital platforms.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for business affairs functions involving long form content, short form content, including all phases of negotiations from term sheet to definitive agreement.
- Negotiates and drafts actor test/options, script agreements, pilot/series development and production agreements, term deals, rights agreements co-productions and network licenses.
- Collaborates with, provides advice to and synthesizes feedback from senior business, finance and marketing executives.
- Handles business affairs relating to the production of pilots and series and other general business affairs projects, as assigned.
- Maintains awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the law and technology as they relate to the distribution of content across all digital platforms.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for working closely with the Manager, Marketing Finance to prepare and analyze ultimates, budgets and other various functions of the domestic marketing finance team. Responsibilities include:
- Handling the budgeting for all assigned films for Marketing spend in Basics and Media
- Responsible for monthly accruals, including handling journal entries, reviewing and managing open PO reports and allocations
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and yearly cash and P&L flows that are submitted to corporate planning
- Acting as systems expert for the department. Partners with IT to manage system improvements and implementations
- Liaising between IT and operations to ensure all business needs are properly met and all systems are developed with adequate financial controls
- Ensuring Marketing Department access to various financial systems and training users
- Assisting the department head with all sourcing initiatives. Gathers data and analyzes cost and saving strategies
- Acting as point person for media spend reports and PO management. Liaises with operations and media agency to ensure our financials are accurate and up to date
- Liaising with legal and operations to ensure contracts are properly routed and executed
- Meeting relevant corporate deadlines
- Preparing ad hoc reports and analysis as requested at the direction of senior management
As a part of the organization’s sales leadership team, the SVP Domestic Physical Sales is accountable for the overall net sales performance, market share and contribution margin achievement for Paramount Pictures in North America.
The position is responsible for leading the Domestic Physical Sales team and developing extraordinary customer relationships.
The SVP Sales reports to the Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Distribution.
Summary of Role Responsibilities:
- Align the sales organization’s objectives with business strategy through active participation in the strategic planning, sales strategy development, annual and quarterly forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting process.
- Meet assigned targets for net sales, market share, contribution margin and other strategic performance objectives.
- Lead and refine the sales organizations high performance management processes and culture. This includes reinforcing and embedding the principles for managing high performance, performance tracking for all sales roles; and overseeing the equitable allocation of organizational objectives across all the defined area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development to the sales team; fostering a culture of high-performance and accountability.
- Proactively assess existing and new sales organization investments, including but not limited to trade spend, technology and training . Ensure investments yield effective and efficient return on investment and other productivity benefits consistent with established objectives.
- Lead the identification, formulation and communication of sales strategy for physical sales including, competitive analysis, capabilities assessments, forecasting and cost/revenue projections, and developing strategic recommendations. Working closely with the planning, marketing and finance teams on the sales strategy
- Secure promotional opportunities on partner platforms; ensure operational goals, execution of content strategy and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Research and explore emerging business models and trends; conduct market assessments to formulate physical domestic business strategies.
- Lead and support the sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive and progressive organizational change.
- Develop MOD and licensing strategies to maximize the return on Paramount assets
- Establish and maintain productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the execution marketing strategies for launch of physical new release and catalogue content to ensure effective implementation of such strategy.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Develop distinctive customer level strategies for strategic accounts to drive superior performance and competitive advantage
- Maintain a long term big picture view of strategic accounts and future needs and opportunities
- Develop plans and strategies for profitable business growth and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Create and contribute to a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales, trade spend, market share, and other financial and strategic objectives.
- Develop, promote and coordinate business process and best practice for customer engagement for strategic accounts.
- Manage customer relationship
- Develop and leverage productive and superior multi-level and peer-to-peer relationships with customers, prospects and related industry stakeholders
- In coordination with the leadership team, originate, negotiate and close trading terms agreements
- Develop and manage annual and quarterly customer revenue, contribution margin and market share growth plans; encompassing new release marketing plans, catalog drafting opportunities and other national & or customer specific promotional programming in line with defined product and pricing guidelines
- Provide detailed and accurate annual and quarterly sales forecasting
- Review quarterly sales pacing and take timely corrective action to address any shortfall in performance
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Lead customer initiatives by continuously assessing the need for improvement, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding increased performance.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Develop sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Manage the use of trade spend budgets and other trade and company investments
- Put in place processes and systems to support the success of the sales function and customer plans
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful programs
- Manage sales team members, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Hire and develop sales staff where appropriate
- Identifying potential business opportunities and new clients
The Senior Manager, Worldwide Distribution Services is responsible for managing legal requirements on all Paramount dubbing projects through to successful completion. Responsibilities include:
- Managing necessary legal requirements and the impact of legal documents on dubbing schedules to ensure successful completion of all Paramount dubbing projects to include theatrical, non-theatrical, and catalog titles
- Collaborating with the Dubbing group on project schedules to effectively acquire necessary deliverables
- Negotiating worldwide star talent rates and availability with artist representation, manages corresponding deal memos
- Liaising with Paramount Legal to ensure correct assignment of rights and artist obligations
- Recording and updating worldwide talent contract status in established excel spreadsheets, reporting any potential adverse impact to Dubbing and Finance
- Working with new and existing vendors to support Paramount policies in collaboration with our Legal and Sourcing groups for onboarding procedures and execution of master servicing agreements
- Raising required purchase orders for new and existing vendors, triggering invoice payment upon receipt of final deliverables
- Posting necessary dubbing documents to existing internal drives and external secured websites, as needed
- Collaborating with Dubbing group to create fiscal year budgets in conjunction with Finance
- Working closely with Finance to ensure budgets are aligned with territory release strategy
The Financial Analyst is responsible for interpreting and analyzing legal and financial source documents to determine residual liability in accordance with various guild and union agreements, and for assisting and providing management with financial planning, residual cost control, and reporting.
- Prepares and analyzes revenue reports for applicable markets of television and theatrical products
- Assists in calculating and processing residual liability to all signatory guilds on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Assists in monitoring monthly and quarterly payments to ensure that residual payments are made on a timely and accurate basis in accordance with various guild agreements
- Analyzes and interprets legal and financial source documents to determine theatrical and television liability
- Acts as liaison with associated guilds by researching and responding to various written correspondence and oral inquiries pertaining to residual payments from the guilds, talent, and management while assuring compliance with the AMPTP Basic Agreement
This position is responsible for providing legal services and counsel to the worldwide marketing operations of all of the studio’s divisions, including theatrical, television production, home media, and television licensing.
- Draft and negotiate complex or novel deals independently for a wide range of marketing agreements, including:
- Agreements for creative content productions, contests/sweepstakes, interactive and digital services, live events, media buying, virtual reality, publicity and awards consultants, artwork commissions, and venue rentals;
- Promotion and sponsorship agreements for co-promotions, premiere sponsorships, co-branded ad-spots;
- Product placement agreements; and
- Influencer agreements.
- Propose and draft new contractual language for existing templates based on department policies and/or new developments in the industry.
- Facilitate workflow of assignment on assigned titles and review contracts drafted by paralegals.
- Become subject matter expert on industry-specific area, such as privacy or media buying.
- Evaluate and advise on intellectual property and content clearance issues for trailers/spots, print and online advertising, and value-added content.
- Provide counsel on industry-specific marketing issues, including COPPA, false advertising, privacy, FTC, and CPSIA.
- Provide practical risk assessment and risk reduction solutions for marketing executives with respect to live publicity events/stunts, promotions and content production.
- Supervise and partner with paraprofessional staff in servicing film-specific transactions.
- Establish and foster business relationships with demanding clientele from multiple divisions at home office and abroad.
- Partner with Paramount lawyers in the UK and France on film-specific matters.
- Create and lead internal training sessions (e.g. COPPA compliance, IP basics) and develop new client development programs.
- Act as representative of marketing interest in negotiation of TV and Home Media Distribution deals.
- Counsel TV and Home Entertainment teams in managing relationships with partners and exercising rights with respect to marketing assets.
- Instruct and manage outside counsel on ad hoc matters.
This position is responsible for negotiating and structuring complex development, production, distribution, rights acquisition, and other agreements for Paramount Motion Picture Business Affairs.
- Negotiate and structure deals in all phases of development and production and other facets of the motion picture business, including above-the-line talent (actor, writer, director, producer, etc.), first-look, underlying rights option and acquisition, and co-production deals, for live action and animated motion pictures.
- Collaborate and consult with, advise, and guide senior management, producers, and other motion picture departments (including Creative, Production, Marketing, and Legal Affairs).
- Review project budgets, financial projections, and other financial documents.
- Help inform and implement business policies and best practices in the purview of the Business Affairs Department.
- Manage other general motion picture business affairs functions as needed.
- Maintain awareness of recent developments in the law, technology, and industry trends as they relate to the development, production, and distribution of content.
This position is responsible for providing legal services and counsel to the Worldwide Marketing Operations of all of Paramount's divisions, including theatrical, television production, home media, and television licensing.
The Content Security team is responsible for protecting Paramount’s content and brand reputation across the entire lifecycle of a production – from Script to Archive. This cutting edge department creates solutions to a variety of unique security challenges including the digital and physical security of Paramount’s creative development, on-location production, post-production, third party vendors, and internal business units. The Content Security team covers all aspects of security; digital (network security and application security), physical, and management (policies, procedures, and training) controls and plays a crucial part in mitigating the risk and financial impact to the studio as it pertains to leaks, theft, and other security related issues for each production. This department supports all aspects of the studio (Film, Animation, and Television), and acts as the security champion to ensure all business units and productions are in compliance with Paramount policies and standards.
This position is responsible for overseeing implementation of content security across the entire lifecycle of a Film, Television, and Animation production. The role has an emphasis on Production and Network Security and focuses on the technical aspects of Content Security by assisting all departments across the studio in protecting Paramount’s Content and Brand Reputation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to reviewing and conducting risk assessments of: productions, post-production facilities, content handling applications and other technologies, and third party creative vendors.
- Provide security consulting services with Production Executives, Directors, Producers, Talent, Unit Production Managers and staff to evaluate and address security concerns and risks with assistance from Department head as needed.
- Implement and enforce project-specific content security policies and solutions to meet the individual and unique production and workflow needs of each production.
- Manage and perform on-site security risk assessments of Paramount productions ensuring compliance with internally developed policies.
- Lead content security assessments of vendors and other partners. Reviewing compliance around physical security, digital security, management systems, and related processes.
- Evaluate and test vendor’s digital security workflows, processes, and controls and identify areas of risk.
- Manage vendor assessment remediation projects and revalidation of security compliance
- Manage and lead assessments of internal departments handling content to ensure appropriate security measures are in place.
- Escalate internal and external identified risks to head of Department and provide solutions to remediate risk.
- Serve as a key partner in the creation and revision of Content Security policies, procedures, guidelines, and supporting documentation.
- Partner with the business units to ensure implementation and enforcement of Paramount security policies. Escalate risks to appropriate management and provide tracking of outcomes and timelines to ensure completion.
- Responsible for the Content Security online training program(s); launch new campaigns, follow up with outstanding trainees, ensure compliance, and track issues and areas for improvement
- Develop and assist Legal departments in the implementation of policy and procedure language as it applies to Content Security.
- Identify, review, test, and document potential technologies and platforms for future-use in productions and other departments that handle or process content. Ensuring that such products meet Content Security requirements. Setting up demos, and coordinating with sourcing and legal as necessary for products selected for use.
- Implement a system and process to track all technology platforms that handle content across the studio to ensure systems meet studio requirements and are evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Leverage cross-functional subject matter expertise across the Studio Content & Information Security team to ensure that information regarding application security, 3rd party site security, internal facility security, and business requirements are applied to active business workflows and policies
Under the guidance and with the support of the department head, this role will be responsible for developing and executing the overall Data Analytics Marketing Strategy, which represents the fast-moving intersection of film marketing strategy, ad tech, and predictive modeling. The role requires a forward-thinking, independent, creative & quantitative thinker. The ideal candidate must be comfortable pushing for structured insights from disparate data sets and be excited about applying data and analytics to Theatrical Film Marketing.
- Support and advance the roadmap for the Studio’s integration of data into their decision-making lifecycle
- Provide strategic vision and hands-on teaching to a growing data analytics team.
- Balance a long-term analytics roadmap with ad-hoc projects impacting the next film release
- Design and implement setup of marketing experimentation initiatives within specific markets in collaboration with key marketing stakeholders
- Develop insights related to theatrical releases, and regional markets, to facilitate strategic planning
- Provide predictive Box Office Modeling, Audience Content Insights and ad hoc studies using available data sets and machine learning tools to enable comprehensive research into drivers of movie-going behavior and content effectiveness
- Analyze and organize large data sets to create a cohesive story that can inform marketing strategies
- Experiment with various tools and technologies, with the end goal of creating innovative data-driven insights at a quick pace
- Work closely with media team to surface new strategies to increase our digital and programmatic effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop trusted relationships with Marketing stakeholders
The Coordinator will assist the Distribution Manager with scheduling, tracking asset delivery, generating payment orders, and supervising the mastering processes related to the creation and localization of Paramount’s theatrical feature film releases.
- Creates mastering schedule with Manager for all worldwide dubbed and subtitled theatrical release versions
- Works with WWDS VP and Manager to take delivery of original version elements from post production
- Coordinates delivery of both original and localized materials into Digital Cinema vendors for mastering
- Coordinates translation of localized graphics and dub cards with territory representatives and digital cinema mastering vendors
- Tracks censor requests from territory and logs all censor data to share with downstream partners
- Works with in-house sound editors for all audio and prelim picture deliverables
- Collaborates with dubbing team to ensure delivery of necessary audio materials to various third party vendors
- Coordinates distribution of preliminary feature materials to dubbing, scripting, and mastering vendors as necessary
- Attends quality control screenings and coordinates QC schedule of all feature versions
- Raises purchase orders and processes invoices for all worldwide distribution vendor work
Reporting into the Vice President, the Senior Manager, Digital Distribution will be responsible for working cross-functionally on day to day account management for selected digital accounts in the EST and VOD market. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting net sales performance and contribution margin achievement to achieve fiscal targets for the accounts they manage, and for supporting the delivery of other strategic sales objectives in line with the overarching business and product marketing strategy.
- Creates promotions and events to drive sales and achieve sales goals
- Advocates for highest and best treatment for Paramount titles over and above competitive titles on owned accounts including in-store placement, email and social marketing support, leverage of account analytics and accessing any unique account capabilities
- Collaborates with accounts on best-practice strategies to help drive customer acquisition and retention
- Provides promotional recaps/analysis to senior management for review/approval
- Helps in development of ad hoc projects including new business models and process improvements
- Manages day to day partner relationships with existing clients and develop and establish relationships with new entrants
- Supports the development and management of annual and quarterly customer revenue, contribution margin and market share growth plans; incorporates new release marketing plans, catalog drafting opportunities and other national & or customer specific promotional programming in line with product and pricing guidelines as defined by Marketing
- Monitors storefronts to ensure merchandising and placements are correct; addresses any placement or marketing issues with clients on release date
- Supports customer initiatives by continuously assessing the need for improvement, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding increased performance
- Manages customer expectations, contributes to a high level of customer satisfaction, and ensures partners’ day-to-day business needs are being met
- Sees client issues/requests through to resolution; prioritizes based on revenue, customer impact, or legal requirements
- Documents account activities in Salesforce
- Travels for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Prepares presentations as needed for client business reviews and senior management
Paramount Animation Studios is the animation division and label of Paramount Pictures. Comprised of world-class talent, the studio creates highquality, CG animated feature films. Its current slate of films include The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge, Rumble, and Tiger's Apprentice.
The Technology Department of Paramount Animation provides critical support in creating unique high-quality feature films. Technology is the key component of film making that allows artists to fulfill their artistic goals and enables filmmakers to create unforgettable film experiences.
We are actively seeking an experienced Technical Director (TD) to provide daily support to artists, show management, and department heads – including, story, editorial, art department, 3D story and layout. He/she will also play a key role to the continuing development of our animation pipeline, tool set, and workflow.
- Communicate with artists to identify production-facing problems.
- Provide immediate support to layout artists in troubleshooting shots and publishing data to editorial.
- Gather requirements and input from artists and technology stakeholders to engineer robust and thoughtful software solutions.
- Work closely with Vendors, who are key contributors in making our high-quality films.
- Assist other TDs, Layout and VFX Supervisors, and Pipeline developers to extend and enhance the production pipeline.
- Construct validation tests to ensure software quality.
- Apply analytics to monitor the operations of the studio and streamline operations.
- Assist in training and mentoring of interns and contractors.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for all accounting functions related to Domestic and International Digital Distribution of feature motion pictures.
- Reviews and analyzes digital license agreements (interprets contractual terms; establishes revenue recognition requirements; establishes billing and payment terms)
- Completes financial month end/quarter end close process including revenue recognition, revenue accrual, cash application, A/R reconciliation and deferred income
- Assists with royalty statement ingestion and processing through Media Maestro system. Maintains royalty statements tracker and summary log
- Prepares various balance sheet reconciliations and roll-forwards
- Assists with ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Oversee planning and production, from pre-production through final delivery, of feature animated projects for Nickelodeon Animation.
- Work closely with production execs and finance to establish schedule and budget templates for feature films.
- Collaborate with studio executives to steer the scheduling, budgeting and staffing of projects.
- Collaborate with creative leadership of films to establish goals and assumptions and determine best production pipeline to meet the project needs.
- Aid in the complexity assessments and management on films – provide recommendations for getting the most value on screen.
- Help identify and hire production management teams on projects and steer them to successful completion, on schedule and budget.
- Review, manage and assess production progress and work with production teams to anticipate potential issues.
- Problem solve issues and clearly communicate risks and alternatives to executives.
- Manage work flow and communication with studio support teams, including Finance, Business and Legal Affairs, Human Resources, Recruitment, Post-Production, Technology, and Core Services.
- Work with creative project leadership and studio execs to evaluate and contract with animation and post-production vendor studios, and support production teams to successfully manage work with subcontractors.
- Collaborate with other animation execs to create consistency and best practices across all production and leverage talent and resources across the company.
- Establish best practices for production tracking and reporting, to be consistent across feature films and meet the needs of the studio.
- Stay on top of key industry trends, studios, software pipelines, and talent.
- In conjunction with SVP and EVP, help create, test and establish new production and/or development initiatives.
This position is responsible for providing day-to-day contract administration and analysis support for domestic and international home media digital transactions in the Worldwide Distribution Legal team.
- Analyzes and organizes information relating to contractual relationships to support delivery of legal guidance to department attorneys and internal clients
- Prepares initial drafts for attorney review of routine contracts and other documents relating to content licensing and distribution arrangements, such as amendments, exhibits, schedules and notices
- Assists in the preparation of other attorney work product (such as letters, memos, presentations and reports)
- Researches legal document records for precedents and exemplars
- Analyzes and summarizes license agreements and other contracts
- Prepares various charts and schedules for tracking deals and key terms (including delivery obligations, term expirations and audit rights)
- Coordinates internal and external distributions of contracts and correspondence
- Maintains internal tracking systems for deal follow-up; enters status of projects in various status report databases
- Files correspondence and legal documents in office filing system
- Ensures proper indexing and filing of original legal documents
- Routes articles and other relevant information to company lawyers and other company officials
- Liaises regularly with internal departments and external entities
- Answers phones, schedules appointments/confirm meetings/maintains daily schedules, photocopies material, facsimile/e-mail distributions and routes incoming and outgoing mail that may include large distribution lists
- Generates expense reports and processes receipts for reimbursement
This position will be responsible for managing the technology architectural practice and functions for the Contract Accounting business focused on the Participations and Residuals custom solution using existing and emerging technological platforms.
- Plan, manage and execute the full system development lifecycle of PARIS, a custom SQL/ASP.Net application and its associated run operations
- Provide guidance and work closely with developers, business analysts and end-users to deliver technical solutions to business requirements in order to develop IT strategy, and propose solution options including advice on design, implementation, tools, scalability, system performance, dependencies
- Able to step in and perform actual application development/coding for complex solutions or when the need arise
- Function as the key technical resource for the Contract Accounting systems supporting the business area and ensuring the systems are performing up to requirements
- Actively contribute to long-range technical strategy planning for the PARIS application; and develop and implement policies, procedures and systems required for maintaining the application technology goals
- Define and execute technical polices, standards and procedures for application development and maintenance; responsible for the development of best practices and guidelines for existing and/or new technologies
- Conducts code reviews as appropriate for quality and adherence to standards
- Provide ongoing support to the business by responding to a variety of inquiries and issues regarding the systems or processes in the business area, ensuring efficient resolution with minimal impact to business performance
- Oversee and participate in the PARIS Change Management process for systems implementations and future application releases, PARIS application upgrade and patch deployment process
- Evaluate projects and support development team from a technical stance, guaranteeing that the development methods used are correct and practical; perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs
- Conduct feasibility, risk, regulatory compliance, and ROI analyses for proposed projects as needed. Present a recommendation related to project technical feasibility
This position is responsible for managing various projects and processes in Television Digital Mastering.
- Work directly with licensor, TV Production, Distribution and Delivery Groups to create and maintain mutually agreed upon schedule.
- Oversee the creation of high-level Archival and Production Master assets in order to service all territories and markets.
- Manage expedited post production timelines that allow for the creation and delivery of domestic and international assets to networks and OTT companies.
- Clear and constant communication with all parties regarding any schedule or delivery changes or updates.
- Manage mastering workflows with internal and external vendors to ensure proper and timely delivery of original assets.
- Liaise with post production to take possession of final episodic assets.
- Liaise with licensor to take possession of final feature assets.
- Schedule 100% QC of each asset received, review all QC reports and resolve all technical issues in order to prevent future client rejections and to maintain high quality servicing standards.
- Supervision of picture mastering activities to ensure that process/project specifications are completed.
This position is responsible for partnering with key business units at Paramount to proactively address issues related to workforce productivity, development, attraction, retention and culture in addition to collaborating with the HR team and business units to develop, lead and implement HR initiatives and programs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Delivers employee relations, staffing and organizational development services to an assigned business unit
• Identifies potential employee relations issues and as determined, partners with the Employee Relations team to conduct appropriate investigation and provide recommendations to management for resolution
• Provides guidance on HR statistics, overall area morale and productivity diagnostics and programs
• Develops project plans and timelines for assignments; manages and communicates projects to completion
• Facilitates HR processes and ensures operational excellence
• Conducts analysis of data for workforce metrics and analysis. This will include managing and analyzing large amounts of data for talent review, merit planning, bonus planning and other workforce planning activities
• Collaborates with the HR generalists, HR specialists and the appropriate business units to develop, recommend, and implement corporate HR processes including performance management, employee development, organizational development, internship, recognition, and compensation
• Collaborates with Recruitment to anticipate, facilitate and participate in staffing within business units
• Collaborates with employment legal for immigration and visa matters in assigned business units
• Assists with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and stated legal requirements
• Takes ownership of PeopleSoft integrity to include necessary data entry, partnering with HRIS and Benefits on projects, updates and information requests
• Maintains and establishes awareness and understanding of employment law, industry trends, current practices and new developments
• Develops high performing and strong partnerships with Human Resources team throughout the organization to identify best practices, share knowledge and work together on continuous process improvement and efficiencies
The Department Assistant, Animation Development & Original Programming is Responsible for providing full administrative support and managing the day-to-day operations for the department at Nickelodeon located in Burbank, CA
- Interfaces with all levels of management in all departments throughout the company
- Answer and handles incoming telephone calls
- Identifies, delegates and prioritizes the information that flows in via telephone, e-mail, fax, and courier so that critical issues are handled appropriately
- Schedules and maintains high volume calendar of meetings including conference calls, business lunches/breakfasts, and other business appointments
- Prepares e-mail correspondence to all levels of business
- Administrates expenses and bills, including travel and entertainment reports, and vendor invoices.
- Coordinates and executes travel arrangements
- Maintains log of department’s time off and vacation schedules
- Handles routine filing, photocopying, faxing, messengering, incoming/outgoing mail, and distribution
Our Strategic Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Director level, based in Los Angeles. This role will focus on driving global sourcing activities and initiatives across Film and TV Physical Production, Studio Operations, Tentpoles, Publicity and Special Event vendor spend portfolios.
The person filling this role will serve as strategic leader and a contact point responsible for building and managing relationships with key vendors and Viacom business owners and will be required to develop and implement global sourcing strategies and initiatives, drive cost savings and identify and impact efficiencies within the respective departments supported.
- Deliver ongoing annual reduction and cost efficiencies on addressable spend within the category
- Show continuous YOY improvement on % of category addressable spend covered under approved category strategies and with preferred vendors
- Partner with category-related business leaders to develop and implement Category Strategy to deliver targeted savings while meeting business requirements for innovation, quality and time
- Be a credible, sought-after value-added partner to business leaders – deliver sourcing savings to help them to meet their objectives faster and at lower cost
- Be a change agent, someone who proactively looks for new and innovative ways of approaching problems and is able to gain buy-in from stakeholders at multiple levels
- Partner with stakeholders across Viacom to drive increased transparency across channels and networks and foster relationships that allow for knowledge sharing and increased internal partnerships
- Proactively integrate with key business leaders / their teams – be in a position to anticipate / support / steer sourcing needs before they become “last minute requests”
- Minimize cost and maximize value in the category sourcing process by selecting / deploying optimal sourcing levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements.
- Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams to rigorously pursue and capture improvements
- Gain business support to consolidate spend while satisfying variations in requirements across the businesses and functions. This includes capturing opportunities from consolidation of spend in acquisitions
- Efficiently and effectively process sourcing requests from the business – provide optimal results within timeframes needed by the business
- Evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities/initiatives to Strategic Sourcing leadership utilizing current and emerging business models, assessing short-term and long-term industry and strategic considerations
- Partner with vendors to build/maintain constructive, long term relationships
- Develop negotiation strategies and drive aggressive negotiations with vendors to achieve strong financial outcomes in conjunction with legal and other key internal requirements.
- Actively engage in vendor management processes ranging from vendor identification and selection to contract, compliance and performance management including scorecards and regular reviews
- Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it. Leverage data analytics to improve category strategy development and execution
The Senior Coordinator, Media will support the Media team in all areas of the planning, execution and post-campaign process, while maintaining an understanding of all media channels including TV, Digital, Radio, OOH, Social and Search. This position will work in a team atmosphere focusing on theatrical domestic releases.
- Provide coordination support to more senior members of the media team
- Develop a working knowledge of objectives and goals, guidelines and strategies and an understanding of how that is translated into media campaigns
- Responsible for creating and maintaining media documents such as flowcharts, posting / shipping instructions, media purchase authorizations, creative delivery charts and other documents
- Create and maintain records of plans, schedules, contracts, etc.
- Brainstorm creative marketing campaign ideas and strategies
- Create marketing presentations showcasing campaign strategy
- Analyze and report data and research
- Share insights with managers including best practices and competitive analysis
- Stay informed with respect to industry, direct competitor activities, and emerging opportunities
- Work with Billing department to confirm receipt of invoices and that invoices are correctly reconciled
- Recognize potential issues and problems, know when to escalate and propose solutions, where possible
Paramount Pictures is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for the evolving landscape of content acquisition to contribute to its content pipeline for theatrical and home media distribution in domestic and international territories.
The Vice-President of Acquisitions will be charged with procuring content for intended distribution across theatrical and ancillary platforms, in domestic and international markets. S/he will be responsible for developing, strengthening and nurturing relationships with key content owners in the acquisitions space, including but not limited to talent agents, global sales agents, independent producers/production companies and licensed property rights holders. S/he will report to the Executive Vice-President of Worldwide Acquisitions providing critical support in all areas related to relationship building, deal negotiation, execution and P&L management.
- Identify, curate and evaluate appropriate content for exploitation across theatrical and home media platforms
- Cultivate and manage relationships with talent agencies, sales agents, independent production companies and licensed property holders with the intention of providing a consistent pipeline of content to the studio. Content opportunities include feature length films, TV series and licensed property content/series
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation including deal term finalization and release strategy recommendation
- Utilize industry insights, observations and historical performance data in the preparation of preliminary financial models on a by project basis, working alongside internal finance team.
- Represent the Worldwide Acquisitions team’s objectives and interests across the company on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis
- Manage and evaluate content performance through internal and industry metrics with the intent of utilizing that performance for future deal assumptions and strategy development
- Communicate and maintain a thorough understanding of market trends and industry shifts as it relates to domestic and international markets, new distribution models, platforms and marketing strategies.
- Coordinate and work closely with partners of newly acquired content to ensure contractual obligations and timely deliverables are met, on an as needed basis
The Operations Coordinator Library and Archive Services, supports the Manager, Library & Archive Services at Viacom, Hollywood.
- Reviews, catalog and data-enter archive submissions into the library database (ALIAS).
- Provides reference and research assistance for user community.
- Reviews and files all paperwork relative to cataloging and media tracking.
- Develops and provides historical reference for library holdings.
- Developing and publishing metadata standards for cataloging of all Viacom physical and digital assets.
- Conducts metadata correction for assets in the database to enhance consistency and improve search queries.
- Engages in internal and/or production-based research to identify assets related to particular artists, events, or programs.
- Processes physical and/or digital file requests in a timely manner for production groups and other internal Viacom archive users.
- Assists user community on the phone, via email or in person with questions about workflows, submissions and archive processes.
- Participates in quality control testing for the integrity of the library database system and relay service issues to applications team.
- Shares in daily cataloging projects with Warsaw, Poland team.
- Supports Digital Encoding Services department.
Viacom is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
Our Global Sourcing team is growing! We are seeking new talent at the Manager level. This position will identify and lead strategic sourcing initiatives across Viacom and Paramount Pictures business units focusing on various categories in the Post-Production spend tower. The candidate will deliver cost savings and quality solutions based on close collaboration with business and finance leaders. The desirable candidate will be an adaptable Sourcing professional with interest and flexibility to work across multiple categories.
This role also requires the development and execution of sourcing strategies, with an equal emphasis placed on the ability to identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities as well as the ability to manage RFI and RFPs and handle vendor negotiations.
This position is located in Los Angeles.
- Proactively engage and propose measures to various senior management teams that drive global strategic initiatives through sourcing efforts, including supplier and spend consolidation.
- Deliver ongoing annual cost efficiencies on sourceable spend within the categories
- Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
- Work as team member in vendor evaluation and selection; lead selection process and negotiations; recommend strategies that maximize value for the company
- Lead specified business units through sourcing process and ensure sourcing decisions are consistent with overall company strategy, policy, and needs
- Lead negotiations with vendors, in collaboration with key stakeholders. Offer guidance and negotiation tactics to team.
- Work with wide range of business stakeholders across various media network brands and studio groups to understand full vendor landscape and to identify savings opportunities across vendor engagements
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with client business units
- Make presentations to business unit management and senior company management on sourcing initiatives
- Gather, analyze, and document requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Drive project activity through the communication of expectations, enforcement of deadlines, and creation and evaluation of deliverables.
- Manage issues and risks and communicate to management, when appropriate. Consult with senior management and project management experts as needed. Facilitate communication between project team and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to put a structured sourcing process into action in formal and informal negotiations, and leverage the process to resolve conflicts and build consensus.
- Create supporting documentation to applicable standards such that the value generated can be included in executive-level presentations.
- Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it. Utilize data analysis to solve business problems. Draw conclusions from analyses that are not immediately obvious.
- Proactively seek information on similar, relevant, past agreements and apply such information to optimize current results.
The Manager, International Market Research supports the research team with the presentation, execution, design and analysis of quantitative and qualitative market research projects globally, in order to provide insights and recommendations to the wider theatrical marketing and production teams.
- Read and analyze qualitative data from quantitative studies and test screenings
- Observe and analyze qualitative research (mainly focus groups) globally
- Help manage research partners and design research programmes for upcoming titles, franchises and slate development, including:
- Franchise and IP development studies
- Positioning and strategic audience identification studies
- Multi-market creative testing (Trailer, TV and Digital ads)
- Desk-based and social analysis deep dives landscape studies
- International moviegoing market landscape studies
- Compile and analyze bi-weekly tracking performance of titles and comparable films in the top 10-12 markets internationally, as well as design, coordinate, and manage ad hoc tracking requests
- Create visually appealing, high-level summary documents in Word, Excel and PowerPoint that easily communicate strategy and learnings for internal distribution
- Digest other sources of information to feed into research findings – including liaising with the Analytics department on social conversation learnings, asset performance online, trailer launches etc.
- Stay in tune and monitor campaigns of current and competitor releases
- Understand and analyze international box office performance
- Be a vocal and active contributor to brainstorming sessions / meetings
- Communicate on insights and strategy implications regularly with internal stakeholders in the Hollywood office (Brand, Creative, Digital, Media, Publicity, Promotions) and the in-market teams around the world
- Take responsibility for day-to-day training and nurturing of research coordinators and interns
- Manage all research files and reports, both hard copy and digital
- Maintain and assist with international research budget management
The Paramount Animation team is seeking a coordinator who will assisting with office moves as well as preparation of spacing for new hires, including overhead department, and animation productions.
- You oversee and assist in updating and maintaining office space reports, including but not limited to office occupancy, office vacancy and outstanding projects
- Coordinate all move-related tasks within the departments and productions while communicating with the project staff
- You serve as liaison between project staff; acting as the animation representative on all projects taking place in and around all of animation
- Assist in assigning office space to new talent/productions with direction from EVP of Production
- You ensure the on-boarding is timely and efficient
- Serve as back up to other assistants and coordinators assisting with daily planning meeting, conference room bookings, move list, FMS updates, signage, animation tours and other items as necessary
- Serves as the liaison between overhead department, IT, and Studio Services and other Studio departments for all inter-office moves
- You assist w/generating reports to follow-up on all calls to ensure timely completion
Paramount Pictures is looking for a leader who will be responsible for all areas of finance for Media Services and Post Services.
- Execute and finalize billing for all of Media Services, Sound Transfer, Editorial, Color and Mastering work.
- You will also provide financial reports to Executive Management regarding billing, costs and labor.
- Reconcile costs on completed orders accurately reflecting the technical procedures performed.
- You adjust credit-rebills and necessary adjustments from the Finance Xytech Exception Report, at the request of Project Managers.
- Create new Xytech reports to make billing more efficient; for example working with IT Support to create a new report that lumps MO totals together by PO instead of by Xytech Job
- You consult with media operators and schedulers to reconcile charges and documentation discrepancies when necessary and in the case of labor related questions, consult with the lead for that area or directly with the Operator/Editor who performed the work.
- Initiate financial on-boarding of new clients by vetting the credit forms ensuring they are thoroughly completed. Once vetted complete the on-boarding paperwork and send to Credit & Collections team.
- Liaison with clients, schedule jobs for them with and give them any promotional materials the department has (rate card, Marketing sales booklets, etc.).
- You gather statistical data and compile reports from Xytech, as established by departmental procedure (includes weekly batch post reports)
- Maintain and update the Cost Master Sheet with Rate Card prices, proposed adjustments for the next fiscal year, and associated bill codes with each charge.
- You enter orders as necessary in Xytech and STAR at the direction of the Director of Operations (for Sound Mastering, Out of House Clients, and all internal non-PO users (Feature Development, Marketing, etc.).
- Establish billing procedures for schedulers, remind Schedulers to flip orders to phase of DP-Completed if the orders they supervise are finished and delivered.
- You actively learn and seek out new information about Paramount Finance Procedures and provide recommendations for internal improvements.